Wednesday 4 December 2013

Christmas Decorations Box: Advent Calendar Bags



I have been wanting to make an Advent calendar for years and I finally got around to getting it done!

For several weeks I worked on making 25 different drawstring bags.

Note: I did not want to buy new fabrics for this project. I knew I had plenty of fabric to complete the project but I would have to get creative and perhaps even repetitive. Feels good to be frugal and resourceful :)



For the drawstrings I used different ribbons, cotton lace, and also made my own drawstrings using the same fabric as the bag.

Once I started making several bags I began pegging them on the curtain in my sewing room so I could see if I needed more white, more red or more green.




After I sewn and sequenced them, then I was able to number them. I just painted the numbers freehand, but of course you could stencil or stamp.

I did make some extra small bags for a reusable form of gift wrap.


Inside each bag has a treat, but it is not chocolate or candy. I don't think I want them having that everyday! So I put a fun cereal that they rarely get (fruit loops) in small baggies and put them in there.

Hope you are enjoying the beginnings of Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment